Have you quit sugary caffienated drinks?

I need to quit dr pepper because i am gaining so much weight. Should I expect headaches and how did you get through?? SHould I expect to have caffiene in the morning indefinately or can I wake up without it?

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 12:48 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i gave up sodas a few years ago. had horrible headaches for the first few days. ( i was drinking a LOT tho) It took a while, but after i got over that initial *detox* period i found that i had much more energy without the caffeine. Since i work nights, i still have a cup of coffee occasionally and the caffeine affects me more now that ever before.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 2:12 AM on May. 16, 2010

• You shouldn't get headaches if you have a little bit of caffeine in your system. Try drinking unsweet tea. You still get your caffeine without all of the sugar!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I'm off of soda but still on OJ and Lipton tea mix..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I want to get away from caffiene too because
    1. ain't no way I'll drink sugar free tea, i'd rather drink water
    2. i don't think caffiene is very healthy, but i seem to be addicted!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:01 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I have quit sodas and candy and I am losing weight but I haved given up on my coffee yet. I really need to do that.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:05 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Just thought of reason #3- my teeth- I know dr pepper is not good for my teeth :)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:08 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I drink water and maybe once a month or so I make a gallon of sweet tea made with organic sugar. The tea lasts about 5-7 days and then I go 2-3 weeks before I make more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on May. 16, 2010

• oh yea, now i drink a ton of water, and usually only have caffeine if i have iced tea while i'm eating out.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 2:13 AM on May. 16, 2010

• i USED to drink about 2L's of barqs rootbeer every single day!!! i made it my new years resolution to stop..and suprisingly i have actually kept to it!! if i go out to eat i will get sprite or ice tea. but i havent had any pop with caffeine since january 1st. i did have major headaches for the first few days, which were terrible, but i knew that it was only temporary. now, i actually prefer water over pop. About 3 weeks ago, i had a headache, and i went out and bought a 2L of sprite, it sat in my fridge for a few days, then i opened it, took 2 sips, and ended up throwing it away because i knew it was a waste of calories, and i would rather have water. Ut ya the first few days were rough, and i knew if i just had a sip of pop my headache would be gone..but, i didnt give in!! and now im to the point where im actually scared to drink popwith caffeine in it, because i dont wanna go thru the pain of headaches again afterwards!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:19 AM on May. 16, 2010

• make green smoothies. Since I started making them in the mornning I don't have that crash durring the day.

u should conider slowly weaning yourself down off the pop. try going to those little half cans and then keep cutting back.
    it's hard but yes I did it and so did my hubby this past yr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on May. 16, 2010