Any one have a Golden Labrador?

I am looking into adopting this mix. Mom is Lab retriever and dad is golden retriever. How is this dog with your family? How difficult was it to housetrain? TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Pets

• I had one once... I dunno what else he was, but he had a white stripe on his belly lol. He was a really sweet dog, great with my daughter. He was the ONLY dog I ever had who would stay home, all my other dogs jumped fences.

I didn't have him for very long because he DID leave the yard if no one was out there with him and the gate was open. The wind blew it open one night and we never saw him again. I think someone adopted him off the street.

He was very gentle with my daughter, but he was very difficult to house break and to train. He was just a puppy, and I had a little baby and another dog to take care of, so that might have contributed to it, but he had so much energy that he couldn't pay attention for very long. I think he would have done great if I had had more time and he was a little older.

They also like to chew a LOT, so make sure you keep everything you don't want the pup chewing on out of reach.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:59 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I have 2 of them a yellow and chocolate. They are AMAZING dogs! BOth of mine were very easy to potty train and at 7 and 4 years old are still picking up new trick within minutes. Just know that if you are looking into a puppy that labs are very needy dogs, they love to be with people and love attention. Both of my girls sleep in bed with us, go for RIDES and love attention from everyone. I work at a vet clinic and see alot of labs looking for new homes because the people simply don;t have time for the dog. So just make sure you are prepared to add another "child" into your life. I hope this helps and GL
    PM me if you would like
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 5:43 AM on May. 16, 2010