is it illegal to give my nine month old daughter a bath with me?

i heard from her grandma that it is but ......

samie_01

Asked by samie_01 at 1:01 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No lol. Sounds like gramma has some issues. It's perfectly legal.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:02 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I don't think so...
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:02 AM on May. 16, 2010

• sounds like you just came out of the movie "the invention of lying"
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 1:09 AM on May. 16, 2010

• i bathe with my daughter all the time. i think if you were doing "illegal" things with her, then ya. but i am guessing you are not so i would tell your grandmother to relax a little. it is natural to bathe with your child to a certain age. and as a mother you will know when that time comes. :)
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 1:14 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Not at all. I used to shower with my boys (20 months old) but stopped because they are noticing differences between mommy's body and theirs. They do still shower with DH. Sometimes, its easier to just pop them in with you than deal with a huge water mess from their splashing.

When my boys were younger, I loved taking baths with them. They had colic so whoever was the fussiest got to bathe with momma before bed. Its great bonding time for you both!
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 1:38 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I think a lot of people do that. I know we shower with our son. He goes right to sleep afterward, whereas a bath winds him up. Plus, it's just SO much easier, and it's fun to play and sing together in the shower.
    I've definitely never heard of it being illegal to bathe with your child. Especially in infancy!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:20 AM on May. 16, 2010

• If it is im going to jail cause my ten month old takes baths and showers with me. lol.. I thing grandma is mistaken. Everyone i know showers or bathes with thier young kids.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:10 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I'm going to jail too then LOL... As long as you aren't doing anything inappropriate, it's fine!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 3:32 AM on May. 16, 2010

• umm of course not! sorry but that woman sounds wacko..!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 4:00 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I even nurse my 11-month old daughter in the shower. First I shower, then I put a plastic chair in the shower stall, and then I bathe and nurse her while she's on my lap. MUCH easier than dragging out and filling up and emptying the baby tub.
    yakamoz

Answer by yakamoz at 7:01 AM on May. 16, 2010