When is it time to stop taking bath's/showers with my son?

Ive been told that "I'll know when the time is right", but I dont think I will lol, and Ive been sitting here wondering about it, so when did you ladies stop this ? Oh btw, my son is 20 months, and I havent bathed/showered with him in awhile because of this, so Im just wondering. Thanks in advance :) Oh and please no bashing, you would only be wasting your time .

colbysmommie95

Asked by colbysmommie95 at 1:41 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We still shower with our son, who is the same age as yours. Once he starts noticing that he and I have differences, I'll probably stop, unless something tells me to before that. But for now, it's SO much easier to have him shower with me or my DH than to give him a bath. Plus, it knocks him out. He sleep like a baby (pun intended) after a shower, but gets wound up with a bath.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:33 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I stopped when my son was able to sit up by himself with no support and did not rock back and forth. If it's been a while since your son has had a bath, I think it's about time you give him one. Sit in there while he is in the bathtub full of water. I am sure he will enjoy it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:43 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I think if he's old enough to stand unassisted in the shower than he's old enough to take a bath without you.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:49 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Im pretty sure thats NOT what she getting at!!!! Im pretty sure her son has had a bath recently :) My son is 3 and still takes showers with me...Not sure i would ever get a shower if he didnt take one with me, being as he is 3 and digs in stuff!!!!!
    okjb79

Answer by okjb79 at 1:58 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I wonder the same thing! My daughter is 2 and we still take showers together. I would never get one if we didnt! ha ha
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 1:59 AM on May. 16, 2010

• OP

LOL , he gets a bath every other night, or every night if we go outside, but I like to play in the bath with him but I know this is weird to some people, and I was just wondring what you mom's thought, or did .

But thank's for a little reassurance :)
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 2:05 AM on May. 16, 2010

• i stopped taking showers and baths with my son when he started noticing his parts were different from mine! lol. he was probably about 2 1/2 or so (hes 7 now so i dont remember the exact date). i think its a good time to stop at least by the time they are 3, you never know if their going to make a stray memory youd rather they didnt have!
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 2:09 AM on May. 16, 2010

• My son is 2 1/2 and I stopped about a month ago because he noticed the difference. good luck. jack hates a bath and acts like im killing him when i wash his hair...
    JacksMommy2008

Answer by JacksMommy2008 at 11:23 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I would say close to 3. I don't take to many baths or showers with my kids just times when I am straped for time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Nudity is not an issue in our house and our kids are 3 and 5 years old. Just for reference our local YMCA says boys are not allowed in the womens' locker room (possibly seeing OTHER women naked) after the age of 6 years. Personally I think you do what feels right for you and your family. We did not bath with our children much after they were about 2 years old, but they do still see both DH and I naked (we have a boy and girl) and they bathe together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on May. 16, 2010