Daughter wants tips..

My 19 daughter has been dating this guy for 6 months,and she asked for some sex tips. It's at the age where I feel comfortable talking to her about that stuff, in depth, but I still kind of think about her as my girl. What would you do? Is she old enough where we can talk about sex expierences and stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• if you are both comfortable with it then it's fine. fo me, i will never be able to talk about stuff like that with my mother, she could hardly give me 'the talk' without turning 40 shades of red.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:02 AM on May. 16, 2010

• My daughyers and I are very close. We talk about sex but, I think I would feel wierd giving them tips... They probably could give me tips. lol I can just see them imagining what thier father and I do as far as sex....Don't think they would want to know!!!! If you feel comfortable with giving her tips then do it. Good Luck
    mimilinda

Answer by mimilinda at 7:02 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Maybe you should teach her to wait until she is married to have sex. I wish someone would have taught me that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on May. 16, 2010

• there is nothing wrong with premarital sex. just because that's your barbaric way of thinking doesn't mean everyone has to think that way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on May. 16, 2010

• If your daughter feels close enough to talk to you about it I think that is awesome.. I say answer her questions.. Who better to get advice from if not her mother?
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 8:54 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I was just saying that I wish my mom would have taught me to wait until I was married. Do what you want, I can't stop you. And I'm not trying to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Actually premarital sex can only lead to, stds stis unwanted pregnancies, and severe emotional turmoil that even older teenagers and young adults can't always handle. When girls have sex there is a bonding agent in their brains that makes it's extremely painful for us to separate from someone that we've shared that with. To think that you could say there's nothing wrong or it can have no ill effect would be grossly incorrect, but that's besides the point. Grown adults can do whatever they want regardless of what's best for them because we live in America and we can. So if you're comfortable giving it to her than do, I'm sure if you don't or act weird it's going to close some doors in your relationship. If she felt like she could talk to you about anything she will realize that there are boundaries but I don't necessarily think that there should be. If you're willing to accept that she has sex teach her how to do it right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Anon :34...what about those of us who believe marrage is not for everyone? Do I teach my DD to NEVER have sex? I have never and never plan on getting an STD which by the way you can get while married if your paretner has been with someone else weather while you are married or before, I was not a teen mom which some people get married young and become teen mothers anyway. When I was 13 and my first BF and I broke up I was in bed for a week cried myself to sleep EVER night. I NEVER HAD SEX WITH HIM!!! As girl we get close to guy no matter what. Sorry but all your examples I have just been disproven!!! As for the OP...my mom is very open and will talk to me but I feel odd talking to her lol. In fact there is one person I can talk to about sex and thatis NOT my SO it's my best friend lol. Even when I want to tell my SO to do something I can't. I used to e-mail it to him lol like let's try this tonight.Fi she is comfy with it do it
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:02 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Her request to talk about sex with you is an indication that you did a good job, give her your experience if you feel comfortable in doing so.

Answer by older at 10:30 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Don't do the homework for her. She should do her own research on the subject. There are plenty of educational books out there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on May. 16, 2010