My bed has been taken over by the kids and cats! Help!!!!

So I'm thinking it's time to go to bed and there's 2 kids and a kitten and I know as soon as I lay down the other cat will come sleep at my head. Thankfully dh is on night shift and the other child is at the grandparent's and the dog prefers her bed. Anyone else have a bed taken over on them? I don't mind it's just getting tighter now that the kids are getting bigger, 6,4 and 2. It's a queen and me and dh have joked that we should invest in a king, lol It's not every night and I guess that I should be grateful that ds still wants to snuggle with his mommy. Even though it's brief. He'll snuggle up to me and I'll hug him back and then he'll ask me to move. Nice kid eh?! lol One dd has to sleep on my arm and the other has to press herself right into me. That or sleep sideways with her head on my belly. Craziness! And I love it!!
So my question is do you love sharing your bed or not so much?
Nite nite!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 2:48 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We like bed sharing occasionally. Our son is 3 and like 4 nights out of the week he snuggles up with up. We like having it both ways.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:39 AM on May. 17, 2010

• My 16 month old is sleeping in my bed right now.. he isnt as big as your kids but he seems like it.. whole body spread out everywhere.. if i were to go lay down right now he would wake up and that isnt a good thing if he wakes up! we actually had a cali. king size bed and downsized to a queen when he was born.. big mistake lol
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:16 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Whenever my husband isn't going to be home for the night, I let my son sleep in my room (he's five). I saved all of my old crib mattresses, and they are easy to drag into the room and flop on the floor. My daughter is in there anyway, because that is where her crib is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Only DH is allowed in my bed. The kids stay in there beds and must knock to enter our room. The cats are shut out of out room at night. The dog sleeps in a crate.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:45 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I pretty much fight DH for space on the bed every night. No dogs, no kids, no cats allowed.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:09 AM on May. 16, 2010

• We shared our bed until not too long ago when the kids asked for their own bed. They were almost 3 and 5 years old and now share a bed in the other room. I LOVED sharing our bed and occasionally they kids will wake up early and come snuggle with us for another hour or so in the morning. The cat is not allowed in bed with us due to DH's allergies and the dog is too big and sleeps on the floor.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:39 AM on May. 16, 2010