yeast infection

I did a 3 night treatment, last one was last night. Should the symptoms be gone, or can it take longer? Its still pretty bad. If thats not what it is, what else could it be?

IlovemyNicholas

Asked by IlovemyNicholas at 7:36 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Health

• It can take longer for the symptoms to go away. Give it 4 or 5 more days. After, that, I'd call my gyno.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on May. 16, 2010

• if it is that bad i would go to the doctors to see what is going on hon good luck ive had them before
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on May. 16, 2010

• My doctor does not recommend the 3 day treatment. He said the symptoms may go away, but it will most likely come back. He gave me a prescription cream that was 7 days, but it took away all the symptoms after the first day.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 9:49 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Give it another day or two and see if it starts to improve. Maybe try eating some yogurt to get the good cultures going again. If it doesnt improve within a couple of days, make an appt with your gyno. Good luck!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:51 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I would go to the store and pick up test that tells you if you have a yeast infection. It should be in the same place you got the medicine for the yeast infection. Do the test if it says it is a yeast infection I would go to the doctors and see if they can give you something stronger. Now if the test for a yeast infection is negative you need to go to your doctor's because it sounds like a STD. Same thing happened to me 4 years ago I treated a yeast infection for almost 2 weeks and I finnaly went to the doctors and it was a STD. The will give a pill to take for a day or two and all symtoms will go away. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on May. 16, 2010

• i would wait a couple of more days, but you should lay off the sugar, that will help too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:27 PM on May. 16, 2010