I have been separated!

My ex husband and i have been separated for three years and finally divorced in Oct. He left me for another woman, and he is still with her. We have a 12 year old daughter. I have let go of the hurt and anger, and can actually talk to him and be in the same room. But he can't carry on a conversation with me or even look at me. It is almost like he hates me. My daughters wish is that we become friends, which i have no problem with. But he just doesn't try. What could be the problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• He's an ass. You know, no one can know what your ex's problem is. I feel sorry for his kids but they should be talking to hm about it. You seem to do your best so just keep it up. Don't try and be his friend. That rarely happens especially after they have moved on. Being civil when you do have to be around him is all you can do.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:36 AM on May. 16, 2010

• guit that he has hurt you or he just doesnt give a shit
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Is it possible that his new wife doesn't want there to be a freindship between the two of you?
    Give it time, it took me 15 years to be ready for a friendship with my ex-husband..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 8:50 AM on May. 16, 2010

• all the pp are right: could be she9the new woman) doesnt want him to be friends with you, but the bottom line is he is a gutless jerk. when you have a child with someone you are in each others lives, for life! I am going thru the same thing and sure my ex can do what his new woman wants and not be civil even, but it hurts our son. let youor dd know you are doing all you can to have a civil relationship but that sometimes grown ups are complicated. you dont need to tell her its her dad dropping the ball, she will see soon enough-unfortunantly. kids arent stupid and one day ex will have to deal with his bad choices.(hugs) hang in there mama.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:58 AM on May. 16, 2010

• i put money on the other woman. she would want him far away from you. every encounter could be preceded or followed by a huge arguement... ofcourse, he could just be a really sour human. none of us know the details of the last three years so we cant say
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 11:12 AM on May. 16, 2010

• There is no reason to be friends with him. Let it go. Let him go. Move on. He may hate you but that's his problem. Don't make it your's.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:10 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Problem is he knows how much of an ass he is and how he treated you like crap so he can't look at you or talk to you. Good...he should feel like that.
    Anonymous