Do you think a school nurse knows more then a pharmacist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ab medicine no, about sickness yes
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:39 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Depends on the nurse and pharmacist.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 9:44 AM on May. 16, 2010

• depends on the nurse and the pharmacist.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:47 AM on May. 16, 2010

• ive seen both a nurse and a pharmacist know alot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on May. 16, 2010

• As a school nurse (in a preschool/daycare), I would not send a child with a fever of 102 to a pharmacist, nor a child who fell off the slide onto his head, nor a child who has diarrhea. But I would ask a mom to talk to a pharmacist about cough medicines. There is too much confusion right now about cough meds and children's doses, go speak to someone who is the expert.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:49 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Ah, No. Our school nurse isn't anyway. She also is very confused on what is appropropriate for preschool screening and what is developmentally appropriate for 3 & 4 year olds. She told one of my daycare moms that her child was operating at a 2 year old level because she couldn't write her full name, doesn't know her phone number and can't count to 100 yet. The little one just turned 3! She also told an 18 year old high school student that even though the doctor showed her how to use her inhaler, she (the school nurse) had to give her private instruction before she would be allowed to use it in school. Ego or just a control freak?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Depends on the school nurse and the pharmacist. Also depends on the topic. Personally I've dealt with some stupid school nurses but I've also come across a pharmacist or 2 that needs a refresher course.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:50 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Over the years dealing with school nurses, we have learned to take their advice not to literally (it's usually completely wrong). I have never had an issue with a pharmacist, but it would depend on the type of questions you asked I guess. To answer your question I often wonder what the requirements are for being a school nurse---ours apparently will tell high school kids to eat a mint it cures everything. lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 16, 2010