babyproofing

I'm getting ready to babyproof my house, and I have the baby gates, outlet covers, and stuff to secure drawers and cabinets. Is there anything else I need to take care of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Rearrange your breakables so that they are up high- and any small decor that you may have should be looked at carefully, ensure that your nice stuff is out of the way of little hands and fingers. :-) No matter how much you watch them- things happen. People trip- stuff gets knocked over... all a part of life. Anything you cherish needs to be in a safe zone.

Other than that- I never did anything more than what you have listed! lol
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:10 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I would look into getting anti tippers for your TV's entertainment centers and also your dressers. KIds like to try to climb on them and they have the protential to fall on them and serious hurt them!
    ladybug0614

Answer by ladybug0614 at 10:38 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I would make sure your baby isnt able to pull out the outlet covers. Mine was with two different brands even. And also if you have any plants make sure they are out of their reach and its good to know what they are (and if they are poisonous) in case they do get ahold of it and ingest some
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on May. 16, 2010

• If you have a mobile on you babys crib take it off once your baby starts standing. I have a friend whos baby got ahold of their mobile and broke it and got a tiny piece of plastic stuck in her throat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on May. 16, 2010

• You only need baby gates and outlet covers. Only lock cabinets with medicine or poisons (or better yet keep poisons on high shelves or get rid of them). Check furniture stability. Move valuable objects out of reach. Other than that the best babyproofer is you. A mobile baby should never be out of sight.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:04 PM on May. 16, 2010