Why are kids so attached to thier boogers?

My two and a half year old will run and hide to avoid having his boogers wiped away. I have to wrestle with him to get them cleaned up. How do you keep your kids booger free?

maxswolfsuit

Asked by maxswolfsuit at 10:25 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had the problem with Kiwi, and I still do with my nieces who I keep on occasion. I make a game of it, chasing them with a tissue, laughing, then when I catch them, I wipe their noses, hand them a tissue and tell them to "get what I missed", then have them say bye to the snot and boogers and throw it away. I always to Kiwi that I would wipe her nose until she was old enough to do it herself. Turns out, that was all she wanted, that's why I started giving her a tissue as well. Once she felt like a big girl, a part of the "nose wiping team" as she called it, it was a lot better. Now, we keep a box of tissues in her room and she throws them away and washes her hands in her own bathroom.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:56 AM on May. 16, 2010

• we use qtips, i just lay my lil girl down and clean em out and if she fights me i just keep trying
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:08 AM on May. 16, 2010