would you tell your step kid that you just don't have anything in common or just don't get along with the bm if things just became too much?

obviously telling them in a way they can understand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think kids already kind of know that
    but NO

My step mom and mom never got along
    but she would never say she didnt like her, just their working on communication skills

plus my dad was still like, in love with my mom. I could tell, he even said it one day so I always laughed to myself when the step mom tried to grow balls
    anyway but she would still never say anything negative regarding my mom with me around, not even I DONT LIKE HER

cause guess what...It might just cause the kids to not like you if you dont like their mom and you tell them that
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:40 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I agree with DomoniqueWS. Most kids already know you do not get along/like their mom. Kids have eyes and ears.

Answer by louise2 at 11:06 AM on May. 16, 2010

• NO I get along great with my step sons BM. Our children are siblings and we are bound together forever so we have made the best of it. We are very good friends and even live together right now because of things going on with my SO( the kids dad of course lol) We parent the children (all the kids) together as a team because we need help and we love all the kids equally. She does not put "her" kids before mine ad I do not put"my" kid before hers. It does take a village to raise a child and we are that village. You know not THAT long ago it was common for the ex wives or ex wife and new wife to be friends because it was shown to be in the best interest of the kids. MY grandpa and my PA(my moms step dad) were friends and when my Pa passed away my grandpa came to the funeral and everything and said he could sleep at night knowing that my Pa was taking great care of his kids. The kids suffer when adults can't play nice!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:10 AM on May. 16, 2010

• WOW, delilahsmom1177 ......that is what I hope it would be like if me and my husband were to ever divorce .... that is great that you are like that....

but to the OP ... you need to make the best of it, no matter what your feeling are ( unless the BM is like throwing knives at you everytime you come around her or something) you should just be as civil as you can - like the overs said kids have eyes and ears and they will choose their real mom over you
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:19 AM on May. 16, 2010

• glam.... It is great for the kids. They know their mom and dad aren't "in love" anymore and that I love their daddy very much and I love them very much!!! All those kids know is love and we all intend to keep it that way!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:21 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I don't think adult matters should be discussed with children.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:54 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Bridget...kidsa know things. You didn't have to tell me at 8 that my step mom hated my mom.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:58 AM on May. 16, 2010

• It would not be true, as long as you are married to their father, you have something/someone in common.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on May. 16, 2010

• not a good idea to discuss problems you may have with their mom, just fyi. they may end up not liking you.
    honey27

Answer by honey27 at 1:16 PM on May. 16, 2010

• honey why is it not a good idea to say things in a kind way? So they can see it with their own two eyes and hate their step-mom like I did because nobody told me anything. That is one reason that I have spoken to my dad more in this week alone than in the last 10 years.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:39 PM on May. 16, 2010