Has anyone used Plan B?

Can you tell me about your experience with it, and the approximate cost?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I did not have any side effects from it.

It prevents implantation, just like most birth control pills.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:32 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I did in my first year of college at 18. Some people say its an abortion pill which concerns me because I am very against abortion, but anyway. I don't remember how much it cost. It wasn't that bad and I think now you can get it over the counter without a perscription. It did make me throw-up quite a bit because its a very high dose of hormones that are used in the birth control pills.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:36 AM on May. 16, 2010

• yah a long time ago, i dont know the cost cause my insurance covered it, but basically it triggered me to start my period so buy some pads
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:36 AM on May. 16, 2010

• OP here: The facts are that I was stupid and had unprotected sex around 2 am this morning. With my husband. We DON'T want anymore kids. Yes, I know, if we don't want more kids, we should have used protection. To boot, we're both piss broke until at least Tuesday. Trying to see if I can borrow some money from by BFF. My cycle - I get my period every 23 days. I JUST finished it. Got it on the 10th and had just a bit of spotting yesterday. I hear that it is a high dose of BC. I am wondering if, instead of buying it, one could take, like 4 BC pills. I have them leftover from when I was on it. Years ago, maybe 10-12 yrs ago, a friend of mine needed EC, and her Dr. gave her regular BC and told her to take 4, and maybe she had to take more the next day. Can't quite remember. This was, of course, before Plan B was around, or if it was around, before it was popular. Anyone have any knowledge of this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I think that's right, but you might want to call the doctor or a pharmicist and ask them to make sure.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:50 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Never have. It's NOT an abortion pill. I really wish people would stop saying that. It's to prevent pregnancy if you use protection and it fails, or you didn't use any protection at all. Just google Plan B. Should take you to the website. It won't work if you're pregnant.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:54 AM on May. 16, 2010

• OP again. I understand that it's not an abortion pill :) I intend on getting it today. I did find a chart online that tell you approximately how much of regular BC to take in place of Plan B, but, the pill I took isn't on the chart, and I DON'T have any left. Thought I did, but it's only inactive pills. My friend is going to lend me the money, just gotta get to the store sometime soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on May. 16, 2010

• i've used it twice. it's around $40? call your local pharmacy. i didn't have any major problems. the first time i recall feeling sick - i can be really sensitive to synthetic hormones. i don't think i was bothered at all the second time.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:44 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I've just found out that my insurance will pay for it, if it's prescribed. Unfortunately, can't reach my doctor. I texted a doctor that I worked for last year, in hopes that she will call it in for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 16, 2010

• At my CVS it's 49.99. If you are in college you can sometimes get it discounted there (at my city college I can pick it up for $17). Or from Planned Parenthood.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:15 PM on May. 16, 2010