do you think my son would like percy jackson?

my son and i both LOVE harry potter. he loves the first 3 especially. do you think he would like percy jackson? he is 2 years and 7 months old. my baby was all of a sudden born 7 weeks early and in the nicu, and we are 2 hours from home, so i was thinking about taking my toddler to see this movie at the $2 theater. if he hates it, we can just leave and we haven't lost much money. which we don't have much of now of course!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I haven't seen the movie, but I've read the book and I don't know if it would be as interesting as Harry Potter  to a young child. I also think some scenes might be pretty scary. But like you said, you can just go if you need to.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 10:47 AM on May. 16, 2010

• My son is a little older, Percy Jackson came out right around his fourth b'day, but he's also a big Harry Potter fan and has been for years. He really enjoyed it and sat through the whole movie no problem. I'd say it's about as scary as Goblet of Fire, maybe a bit scarier due to the transformations e.g. the harpy is no scarier than the dragon in the first task but he might be a bit freaked by seeing a seemingly normal woman turn in to said harpy.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:33 PM on May. 16, 2010

• thanks :) actually goblet of fire does scare him sometimes. well he likes the dragon but MOODY scares him. ;)
    Anonymous