do you measure your childs meds?

I know this person who says they just pour medicine in their childs cup every morning and night he is 2 when i kept him once she told me to give him 1tsp and on the bottle that is a 6 year old dose but she told me she dont ever measure it she just pours some in Isnt that crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I used to work as a caregiver and I can say it can be very dangerous not to measure out medicine. Maybe she's just not educated about the subject. I would suggest just politely letting her know that that is a very bad idea. In short, yes, I always measure out my children's medicine to the recommended dosage using a syringe and getting the airbubbles out so that it's exact.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:49 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I do!!!! I know someone though, who just tips the bottle back in their mouth and says they know how much is ok!!!! CRAZY
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:56 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I measure it every time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:03 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I measure it very carefully....but I use to babysit sometimes for a friend and I had them alot when they were sick -- and she told me she just gives each of them ( 2 year old and 8 month old ! ) a spoonful..........
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:06 AM on May. 16, 2010

• of course...I am not trying to kill my kids!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Yeah, I measure. Of course!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:23 AM on May. 16, 2010

• OMG! Of course i measure EVERY TIME!! Does she want her kid to overdose? WTF! That is nuts to me.....
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 11:29 AM on May. 16, 2010

• What?? Why is she giving him medicine in the morning and at night? is he sick or has allergies or something? You NEVER just pour medicine in a cup or spoon and give it without even measuring! Is she trying to cause kidney and liver damage? Some of those medicines are very consentrated, just a little too much is alot for a small child.
    norahsmommy

Answer by norahsmommy at 12:17 PM on May. 16, 2010

• oh, I have to ask, does the kid have a chronic cough? Because that side effect is actually caused by certain cold medicines.
    norahsmommy

Answer by norahsmommy at 12:18 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Yeah, why is he getting medicine morning and night? And of course I measure every time . . . only a moron wouldn't.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:44 PM on May. 16, 2010