stranger anixety, 8 months old

my twin boys are having pretty bad stranger anixety lately.
the only person i have to watch them while im out besides their grandma (who i live with) is my bestfriends aunt.
she hasn't seen them in a few months, so I feel like its totally out of the question to try and leave them at her house!
theres no way she can come to mine to watch them.

how long does stranger anixety last
how can i help them
etc

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:54 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Each child is different and just depends, but if this offers you any comfort, my youngest was like that at that age. He had major stranger anxiety and didn't want anyone he didn't know to hold him. Now, he's two and hugs total strangers. He wants people to hold him and look at books with him, etc. He is always waving to people and being a big flirt. He started this at about 14 months when he realized he was getting a positive reaction from people. I think he got it from his older brother though who has never been shy.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:58 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Every child is different but it is usually the worst form about 8-12 months.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:17 PM on May. 16, 2010