Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I make my husband treat me right?

He calls me stupid, whore, cunt, slut, bitch everyday i do everything for him and take care of our son and he treats me like I am a crazy, dirty woman. He hits me too. I hate my life. I want to die. I cant talk to anyone. Why does he treat me like this when everyone tells him that he is lucky to have a woman like me, with brains and looks. I feel like I am suffocating.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (44)
  • leave him. If he is that abusive he is not going to just change. You have to take control and responisbility and just leave.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 16, 2010

  • Don't try to make him treat you right. Leave his ass. Treat yourself right. If you don't, no one else will. By staying, you are telling your son that it is okay to treat any woman this way. Your husband may be lucky to have you, but that doesn't mean you should stay with him. There are shelters for abused women, and their children. Or, talk to friends, family, even distant cousins if you have to, find someone you can stay with. There are government programs for women getting out of abusive situations. Be strong for yourself, and your son. Know that you aren't anything he says, don't let his words and fists keep you there.

    Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:21 AM on May. 16, 2010

  • You probably do not want to here this and will not do it right away, but. You need to leave him. He is a abusive man. He will never stop doing what he does. It does not matter how clean or how good you act. He will always find fault in you. Take your son and leave.

    Answer by louise2 at 11:22 AM on May. 16, 2010

  • He is never gonna change,no matter how much you love him or he loves you, he will NEVER change. He is abusing you, both physically and mentally and I know how horrible it can be. Do you have a safe place that you can go? I would suggest that you should leave if you can, stay with family or frienda and file court papers right away.

    Answer by skittles1108 at 11:24 AM on May. 16, 2010

  • i would leave him, man if my dh treated me like that i would have been gone long ago.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 16, 2010

  • I typically believe in working things out but when it comes to abuse that's another story. He needs help, some form of counseling. You can't change him, he has to WANT to change. If he won't get help then you need to get out. You are keeping yourself in a very dangerous situation. Your son could be affected by your husbands behavior as well. I would go stay with a friend or family member for a while and see if he gets help. If not then there is your answer, leave him for good. If you're that important to him, he'll do whatever it takes to keep you. I hope everything works out for you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on May. 16, 2010

  • Your husband will not treat you right ever. You need to leave him and get to safe place. Contact your local domestic violance shelters to get the help you need. It will never get any better and no matter what you do to please him it will never be enough and he will continue to what he is doing to you. GET THE HELP YOU NEED . TELL SOMEONE

    Answer by ladybug0614 at 11:27 AM on May. 16, 2010

  • Start to live, don't be a victim, start saving money do what you have to , to servive but don't give-in or up.Your son is counting on his mom, if you don't START taking things into your own hands you will always be seeing the back of your scumbag husbands hand leaving your face! There ARE plenty of foundations, safty homes, churches, salvation army's, community based organizations.There is LIFE after abuse when you make a discision to live. Oh mama If no-one told you today, " I LOVE YOU~!~ " This is all hard but this is a 1st step to saving you & your son from a lifetime of Demestic Abuse. Enough is Enough~HUGS~ I also am a servivor of phisica l& emotional abuse. If you want to talk more ~Stephyhugs


    Answer by Stefono at 11:28 AM on May. 16, 2010

  • I would leave..I mean who puts up with that THEN whats to know how to get it to change? THATS WHO HE IS!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 16, 2010

  • leave him right away because no one should have to be hit. You should find your own value and let him go . GL Momma it can and will get better for you the second you let him go you can change yourself and make yourself do things but you cannot make him do the right thing.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:39 AM on May. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.