Does anyone know how to make a toddler quit abusing his little brother?

I have tried timeout and spanking. He is 2 and he only does it when i am out of the room. He likes to bite his head. but he also pinches and pushes him down. He is 10 months.

JacksMommy2008

Asked by JacksMommy2008 at 11:20 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give him some one on one and let him know he is special too (not saying you don't make him feel special). He's probably jealous.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:24 AM on May. 16, 2010

• luv I agree! I was a bit older when my bubby was born. I was 7 in fact so it wasn't that big of a deal, however I did try an be his mommy instead of his sister lol. Anyway yeah one on one time and plenty of it. If your older child doesn't nap take the time when the baby is napping to spend time. DO whatever his little heart desires. Please give us an update!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:31 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I do but it seems like after we have our one on one time ( we do it when his brother is taking his nap) when his brother wakes up and i'm getting lunch or snack he is more aggressive.
    JacksMommy2008

Answer by JacksMommy2008 at 11:31 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I am not sure but if you figure it out let me know! LOL I have tried time outs and taking things away from her, because she seems to do it more when he is trying to play with toys that are around her. So I tell her if she cannot play nice and share, then she won't play at all! But it usually starts back up again the minute toys come into play
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:01 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I have the same problem! Let me know if anything works...lol
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 4:26 PM on May. 16, 2010