Will Orbax help a female cat that can't urinate?

I think I have some Orbax for another cat. This cat of mine, she's trying to urinate and doesn't seem to. She's trying getting out just a few drops. She knows I'm ill. Cancer, chemo and all the side effects. We're jobless and hopeless here. I love my Cat. I can't take care of myself. Can anything I have help her? We live in the middle of no where. A very deserted rural area. She's going to be 12 next month. A great Siamese my Cat nurse I call her for my health issues. What can I do when I'm so hopeless?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 12:20 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Pets

• Orbax won't help, it's for a different strain of bacteria. You NEED to take your cat to a vet. If you can't do that, find someone to take her to the local SPCA (some will pick up but you would have to call them) and surrender her so they can treat her. Treating her may very well mean putting her down. Most shelters are very full at this point and older animals aren't going to get the time a kitten/puppy would. But, she would either be treated or her pain would be ended. If you truly care about her do something. Once her kidneys shut down there will be nothing any vet can do to help her except by putting her down. Your only other real option is to sit and watch her die. I've seen too many cats with a maxed BUN groaning in agony to tell you anything less truthful. I'm truly sorry I can't give you gentler advice. Please do something. Soon.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 3:21 PM on May. 16, 2010

• It sounds like she has a partial blockage... One of my cats had a full blockage last summer, and it almost killed him. He had to spend 3 days in kitty ICU :( They had to put in a bladder catheter, flush him with IV fluids... the whole works. Your baby really needs to go to the vet- like the PP above me said, kidney failure is not a nice way to go.
    I know you are kinda out in the middle of nowhere, but you might try Googling for shelters or rescue groups in your area that can help you find somewhere to take her for help... Or if you have a friendly neighbor, you could find out if they know of a good vet that might accept a payment arrangement- I have found that country vets are more friendly to that than city vets.
    Good luck girl... I'll say a prayer for your furbaby.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 5:28 PM on May. 16, 2010