I asked a question about a vechical holding 8 people. Suburban and Expedtion got the highest bids.

My question now is what year model is best for 6 kids and 2 adults. 2 are in car seats, and 1 in a booster seat.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 12:38 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• Do the new expeditions have a third row seat? I had one a few years ago and it only sat 5. If you do find a vehicle with a third row seat make sure it's actually usable. My dad has a honda pilot and the third row has no leg room at all. You can't really use it unless you sit sideways with your feet up!

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:41 PM on May. 16, 2010

• honestly, i think one of those extended vans, like a 15 passenger is going to be your best bet. i think that one the jon & kate plus eight have is the better one for gas mileage. the advantage to something like a 15 passenger van would be removing that last bench and having plenty of storage. we are about to have our 5th child, and all will be in car seats and boosters, so we will be moving to a larger vehicle soon too!
    i talked to a woman at my gym that had a 15 passenger, she has 6 kids. she said she can have her whole family plus a few friends, and have room in the back for a few bicycles too!
    we test drove an expedition when we went from 2 to 4 kids, and 4 carseats did not work well at all...but you only have 2 plus a booster...try taking the whole family car shopping and install the carseats, and see how easy it is to load and unload the family.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:11 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I have an 05' Expedition and it seats 8 pretty comfortably.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:16 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I had a GMC Safari that held 8 people comfortably. It was a 1996 model. It really didn't get that bad of gas mileage either around 18 miles to the gallon.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 12:00 AM on May. 19, 2010