pain clinics

i have been having trouble with pain in my tummy since i had my daughter 20 months ago. i had a c-section and recently i had to have surgery on my incision to revise it and remove the scar tissue. i have been on pain meds for a long time. now that i have had surgery my doc wants to start backing me off the meds. i am in the last week of cutting down and i am feeling ALOT OF PAIN. my doc says that i might have to start going to a pain clinic to manage the pain and the meds if i dont feel like i can back off of them right now. i am worried about what that will be like. has anyone had to do this? PLEASE NO BASHING. THIS IS SERIOUS FOR ME. thank you.

Preggydyke

Asked by Preggydyke at 12:43 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Health

• I think a pain clinic is a great idea. I deal with long term pain and have found lots of help online researching ideas. I prefer natural ways to get rid of pain. I got help in Physical Therapy and then in Massage Therapy. Did your doctor identify the exact cause of your pain? I had an incision revision years ago and had scar tissue removed but it didn't take long to recover so there must be some underlying reason for your persistent pain. Let the pain clinic identify and help you figure it all out. I'm off meds now but have to find a way to keep my pain away without meds. I'm doing it through exercise. So far so good with that but now I have a kidney stone! Hang in there. Let them figure it all out for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:01 PM on May. 16, 2010