Stop sleeping on back?

How do I stop from sleeping on my back? I'm 25 weeks along with my second. I'm waking up laying on my back, and it's making my back really sore. I've tried putting a pillow beside me and between my legs while I sleep, but I end up kicking it away while I sleep. The aching in my back is really slowing me down a lot, and I'm not getting very good sleep because of it either, due to it waking me up constantly. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• get a pregnancy wedge.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 1:21 PM on May. 16, 2010

• try sitting up a little by propping pillows behind you. or you could just put the pillowunder your back a little so it helps roll u to the side some
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 1:22 PM on May. 16, 2010

• tie the back of your shirt in a knot that way when ever you roll over it wil be uncomfortable and will roll back to your side, thats what i had to do!
    Anonymous

• I am 36 weeks and feel your pain!! I cant see spending that kind of $ on a pillow, when you know your reg. pillow wont do the trick. I have found that putting a pillow against your back and tummy, and between the legs, lol (Thats alot of pillows!!) It kinda helps for a longer period of time. I am at the point where I sleep on a heating pad on low. I sleep on my back on the pad and its helping. Also for back pain durring the day I recc. a Belly sling ( I got mine from Labor and delivery) but you can get the, for like 20 bucks at Motherhood I think. Really does help with it durring the day. Not sure how big you are either, but my MIL said with her twins (hubby and BIL) She slept on the sofa on her side. Gave her TONS of tummy and back support. I know it might be hard not to sleep next to your man, but a Mommy to be needs her sleep! So maybe just give it a try! Good Luck!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 2:00 PM on May. 16, 2010

• by a wedge pillow. they are about $12-15 at walmart.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 5:53 PM on May. 16, 2010

• well when my back was killing me i would actually opt to lie on my back but i would make sure i was on top of a pillow. they say not to lie on the back because it pts pressure on a certain vein. that seems to lighten things up. take tylenol before and after you sleep to relieve the pain
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 8:32 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I slept on my back with Monkey. Turned out later that when I slept on my side (like they told me to) he would lay on his cord and limit the amount of oxygen he was getting.

If you find yourself on your back then I say it might be for a reason. Just get a good message and a nice bath to loosen the back muscles.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 12:02 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Lol, I do NOT miss those days! :D
    I couldn't sleep on my back (with both babies) because I'd get very lightheaded and have a woozy feeling, it fealt like I was going to pass out. I was too afraid to keep laying there and find out, but if I woke up in the middle of the night on my back I'd wake up sick.
    Dh got me one of those long body pillows from walmart for $8. I'd hug it and put it between my legs, partially rest my belly on it, and I was sooooo comfortable all night long. If I didnt have the pillow then I couldn't sleep.

I hope you get some rest soon Mama. You need it!
    *Hugs*
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 6:25 PM on May. 17, 2010

• my boyfriend slept against me all night so he held me off my back. because i'd often nap on my back and wake up hurting
    jojosmama1228

Answer by jojosmama1228 at 7:13 PM on May. 17, 2010

• poor darling, ((( hugs)))
    Get a body pillow and place it between you and hubby when you sleep. He will stop it from rolling off the bed. It will help keep you on your side. After the baby you can use it for other things.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 9:40 PM on May. 17, 2010