Nosy neighbor...ugh!

I have this neighbor who knows everything about everyone on the block. I try to avoid her but everytime I'm outside with my children she comes out to talk smack about the rest of the neighbors(I'm sure she talks behind my back too). She drives me nuts! How can I politely tell her to leave me the hell alone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Don't be polite. Tell her straight up that you know she's a shit stirrer and that you don't want to have anything to do with it.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 2:38 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Tell her if you were interested in a soap opera, you would watch it on tv, and if you were interested in your neighbors, you would invest in a telescope and check them out. Then laugh and tell you to please stop gossiping to you, you're just not interested in it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:07 PM on May. 16, 2010

• My husband and I live in a duplex and we are always talking about our neighbor. We see who can make up the most outrageous story about that strange car parked there overnights or the bumps in the night over our bedroom. We just think its funny but we actually really like the guy. Just dont pay her any attention. She'll still be nosy but at least you wont be involved in the drama.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 2:09 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Everytime she starts saying bad things about the other neighbors, change the subject on her. After a few times, she should get the hint. If she doesn't, then just tell her point blank that you do not participate in gossip and would appreciate it if she took it elsewhere. You need to take care of this ASAP because, as long as you give her an ear to bend, she's going to do it.
    Anonymous

• Just tell her the truth. You do not like gossiping about the neighbors. Because you actually like them.

Answer by louise2 at 2:39 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I think the best way to get rid of a gossip is to say something nice about the person they're bashing. That way you don't have to have a confrontation and most likely she will move elsewhere because you're not giving her info and even worse you don't agree with her. : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 2:39 PM on May. 16, 2010