planning a trip going to maui hawaii during my second trimester..needs your suggestion

Me and hubby planning on going to Maui Hawaii for honeymoon/babymoon. We saved enough points so we can get a free upgrade to first class, since it's a 8 hr flight. We are planning on staying there for 10 days, should we travel to another island? if so which one should we go? What's the best way to travel to diff island by plane or boat if available? What part of Maui should we stay that's closer to restaurants or hospital just in case anything happen? I know they are pretty big on seafood, but since I can't have most of them are there a lot of food options to pick from in Maui? Any suggestions will help. Thank you.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 2:04 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Travel

• Maui is no different than any other state when It comes to food. Maui has seafood, steak, fine dining, fast food whatever you want. It is such a long flight, but so worth it! We got married in Maui and we also stayed for 10 days. I really wish we would have traveled to a couple other islands. Do some reasearch and see what islands you like the best and choose from there;) I really wish we would've went to the big island to see the active volcano/national park.
    Anonymous

• If it is your desire to visit another island I suggest Kauai, it is one of the smaller island and not as well known as the big island or Maui. My husband just said, who has been to both Maui and Kauai that Mauai is a party island while Kauai is a kick back relax island. I have been to Kauai twice and it is very beautiful and relaxing. I agree with the previous post you can get anything there you can get on the main land. Also if you want to save some money find out where the locals eat, of course treat your self to some Hawaiin foods, but Hawaii does not have to be expensive. We also stay in a cheap hotel, as long as it is clean and near the ocean we're good, we only eat and sleep there anyway. My husband did multiple islands with his ex and says a plan would be better than a boat, unless you want to spend all day on the boat. I don't think you do considering. As far as where to stay husbands says Kanapalli beach hotel.
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 2:22 PM on May. 16, 2010

• When are you going? Summer is not a good time to go. It is hot and humid in the summer. Being pregnant too. Will make you miserable.  We lived on the Island of Oahu for 3 years, because of the army.  I recomend flying to Kaui(garden island) Oahu/Honalulu, and the big island. You can fly to all the them.

Answer by louise2 at 2:32 PM on May. 16, 2010

• we are planning on going at the end of June or something in july.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 2:47 PM on May. 16, 2010

• we spent 10 days on th big island and stayed in the marriot. it i a beautiful hotel and there was so much to do at the hotel and on the big island we never got the opportunity to see any of the others . we did stop at one of smaller islands on the way home for one night before return home. the best thing u have done is to upgrade your ticket. its a long flight in a crowded plane and u want to hv access to the 1st class bathrooms, which when we flew were well stocked and clean. it was june -hot but the greatest birthday gift dh ever thought up!! have a great time!!
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 3:00 PM on May. 17, 2010