birthday party

My DD is turning two and last year I invited only a few people. (my brother, his wife, my sister and her DD and my DD friends. my dad and other brother and kids were going to come but ended up in hospital out of town) well I got a lot of people upset with me about it so this year I made a list of people who I want and have to invite so not to anyone upset at me. Well there will be over 30 people in my house! and only two kids who are DDs age! The other kids are 4 years or older. I can't have that many people in our house, its too small. and having it at a park is out because its FL and its raining or too hot. How can I not invite some people and them not get upset with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The party is for your daughter, not your family/friends. I had some people get mad at me that I didn't invite them to Kiwi's 1st birthday party, because we didn't have one, just cake, Kiwi, my husband and myself at home with a few gifts. We did the same for her second birthday. For the third, we only invited a few people (my mom, my aunt whose like a second mom to me, husband's mom, and my sister who has a little girl 2 years younger than Kiwi). Others got mad not to be invited but I just told them to get over it, they were welcome to call and tell her happy birthday if they wanted but I wasn't going to have my home overrun by people just to make them happy.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:37 PM on May. 16, 2010

• (OP here) . that's how it was last year. I didn't send out invites, just told my friends (who have kids that are DDs age) and put something up on facebook and myspace saying to call me or send me a message if they want to come and no one did. my in laws got so mad at me!
    Anonymous

• We've also had dinner at my in-laws home, and invited my brother's family (his brother and kids) and let Kiwi celebrate her birthday with that side of the family, and have another party with my side. Try two separate small get-togethers. That way, all the family gets to see the child, and she gets two parties! Make one the main party, and the other just a dinner thing.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:01 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I personally think parties for my DD should include ALL FAMILY. I don't care about including friends with kids. I can understand your in laws being a bit offended they were not invited to your child's birthday party.

Anonymous

• The thing is I only told people who I see everyday and at the time the inlaws and us weren't getting along. looking back i should of invited them but can't do anything about it now.
    Anonymous