Married ladies: Do you share a checking account or do you each have your own? Why?

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 2:32 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We share ours, except when he deploys he uses a separate acct since he can't keep track of our bills or unexpected expenses while he's overseas.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 2:36 PM on May. 16, 2010

• we have a joint account and I have a play account. We had disagreements over my discretionary spending. Im a sahm and that includes outings that cost, lunches with the ladies, etc. So we decided on a monthly amount that gets directly deposited into my account and we no longer have disagreements. I can spend that money with out ever having to justify it.

It works for us.

Anonymous

• Our checking and savings is joint. It is easier that way. Both of our checks get DD into the checking account every week. We both have access to our money whenever we need access to it. There is no point to separate accounts when everything is SHARED.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:38 PM on May. 16, 2010

• We don't have a bank account. When we did, it was joint. Now, we just cash my husband's checks, pay cash for our bills, pay for stuff that needs bought (soap, toilet paper, groceries and such), then split the remaining money three ways, a third for him, a third for me, and the last third for our savings. It works for us.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:39 PM on May. 16, 2010

• We have a joint account, having separate ones just makes no sense IMO. The only married couple I know with separate accounts is my hubby's aunt and uncle and that's only because they married later in life and never had kids.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:56 PM on May. 16, 2010

• We have a joint account. We don't need separate money.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:58 PM on May. 16, 2010

• we have joint. once you're married money belongs to you both. we work out together how we spend money. he makes the money, i manage it. he lets me know when he spends some, which is only a few dollars here and there, but anything more than $50 we both talk it over, specially since money is tighter than ever right now.
    Anonymous

• We have a joint account and each have a separate account. Our money all goes into the joint account usually because it's easier to pay bills out of one account than having to keep track of separate accounts or putting money into that account that was first somewhere eles. But we have separate accounts just in case something happens (not just divorce, but if the joint account or one of our identities is compromised or something like that).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:09 PM on May. 16, 2010

• he has a checking account, I cash my checks.....he works 2 job, i work 25hrs. at one job.......he pays ALL the bills, i buy the groceries,gas, kids activities.....
    that being said, if I need money he gives it to me and vice-versa....he is better at managing the bills and such and has the better wages to cover it all....i cant overdraw when I only have cash!!! this works VERY well for us, despite any bashing people maty think of, NO I dont have direct access to his money, but neither has he EVER told me I couldnt have it , or denied to get it for me!!!
    We work to our strengthss and balance of money made....I guess the rest is just left to trust and respect!!!
    Kathryn29

Answer by Kathryn29 at 3:18 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Joint
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:18 PM on May. 16, 2010