need help with interpretation of disturbing dream

I had a brief, disturbing dream last night. I dreamt I had sex with my brother. In my dream, he didn't want to at first but gave in quickly to my cajoling. The man in my dream did not look like my brother but for some reason I knew it was him. I woke up right after the dream.

I haven't argued with my brother or seen him recently. IRL he is not a physical person at all, and will hardly hug me (or anyone else) goodbye, or say I love you. He has never molested me. I have never been molested by a family member.

What is wrong with me? I am so disturbed that my mind could conjur such a dream. I am horrified by this dream. What could it mean?

Please don't bash me. I am seeking guidance and assurance that I'm not horrible. I don't need someone to tell me I am disgusting for having a dream. I cannot control what my mind thinks up when I sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Dreams are never what they APPEAR to be. You said that your brother isn't very affectionate and doesn't say he loves you. It seems like your subconcious is very upset by the lack of affirmation of his love and that's probablly where the dream came from. It has nothing to do WITH SEX....most likely everything to do with wanting affirmation from your brother that he loves you.
    Anonymous

• Its probably nothing. Dreams are just recolections of conscience and subconscience experiences of our days..
    Anonymous

• I agree, its probably nothing. I have some weird dreams too. Maybe you want a relationship with a man that is a lot like your brother, but not necessarily your bro. Sweet dreams!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I agree with the others. I wouldn't think too deeply about it. It's probably nothing.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:55 PM on May. 16, 2010