How long is too long for women's hair?

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 3:06 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• When you have to lift it to use the bathroom then it's a bit crazy. It really depends on the woman though. Some women just can't grow their hair that long and it gets nasty and ratty looking at the ends. I know one woman with hair just a few inches past her shoulders but it's too long because she never cuts it. That's just as long as hair goes naturally before breaking or falling out and it looks really bad. Better to have a neat bob than long and ratty.

I will say that mine is too long just now. I've been growing it out to donate to Beautiful Lengths to be made in to wigs for women going through cancer treatment. As soon as I find time and money to get it cut I'll be getting about 15" off and I'll still have enough to get it in a short ponytail. This will be the third time I've done it and I intend to keep doing it so long as my hair meets requirements.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:12 PM on May. 16, 2010

• it gets nasty and ratty looking at the ends---that's when its too long. of course, that's usually because they don't get regular trims and/or its damaged by chemicals or simply not taking good care of it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:04 PM on May. 16, 2010

• any longer then the kardashians and its getting too long.. lol. In my opinion anyways, I had a friend who had her hair past her butt and Im a stylist so I cut it a month ago it was awsome! She was constantly throwing it up in a bun because it just always got in the way she said, so im like well then why have it if your not showing it off?! So we did more of a kardashian lenght style. very cute!
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 11:41 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I think it's up to the person who the hair belongs to. As long as the weight of it doesn't give you headaches, and you like the length of it, keep it as long as you want! Personally, by the time mine hits mid-back, I'm ready for a change, and I chop it all off, but that's just me. I've seen some women with GORGEOUS hair down to the floor, and there's nothing at all wrong with that!
    Kharma25

Answer by Kharma25 at 7:34 PM on May. 23, 2010