I don't know whether to laugh or cry. How about you?

Abortion Opponents Capitalizing on New Health Care Law

WASHINGTON -- Abortion opponents fought passage of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul to the bitter end, and now that it's the law, they're using it to limit coverage by private insurers.

AN OBSCURE PART OF THE LAW ALLOWS STATES TO RESTRICT ABORTION COVERAGE BY PRIVATE PLANS.

In Florida, Mississippi and Missouri, lawmakers have passed bans and sent them to their governors. Overall, there are 29 states where lawmakers or public policy groups expressed serious interest.

I guess I'll laugh. I'm pro-choice and anti-HCR.

Who is laughing with me? Who is gnashing their teeth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• ANy elective surgery should be a choice by the individual.

***
    You see THIS is the key to the whole argument. Abortions for the MOST part are ELECTIVE procedures--in other words--they are not NECESSARY--unless you are among the 1/10th of 1% of women who get pregnant as the result of rape or incest, or you're experiencing an ectopic pregnancy. PRIVATE insurance plans should not HAVE to pay for your CHOICE to terminate your pregnancy because it is an "inconvenience." In the types of cases I listed above, then your physician would likely explain/document that this abortion request was "medically necessary" and it would therefore be approved/covered.

There are far too many pregnancies to justify abortion--because of improper use of birth control. Birth control is at minimum 98% effective, when used in conjunction with a condom, your chances of conceiving during the WEEK you're ovulating, is almost impossible!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:42 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Anonymous

• AS A FORMER FETUS I SUPPORT LIFE
    Anonymous

• I'm pissed. I wish Congress had bothered to read the bill before they passed it. Every week something new about this bill emerges.
    Anonymous

• I'm thrilled. I was against the government paying for abortions, and this gets even better! Thank you Obama, we are winning the fight against abortion!
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Would the government prefer to pay for the cost of feeding and providing medical care for the kids who get aborted because the parents can't afford to care for them? It's not a question of don't have sex if you can't care for the kids, some times, birth control does fail. Then what? Have a kid you can't afford or don't want? And only paying for it in cases of incest or rape is ridiculous. Do you realize how long it takes to prove that? To me, there is no difference in getting pregnant because you were raped, or getting pregnant because you consented to have sex, but the condom broke, or the pill didn't work.
    Anonymous

• I'm a democrat against abortion. :)
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 4:09 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Anon:06 I agree!!!!!!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 4:17 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I'm pro-choice but anti-abortion. I think abortion should only happen if the women are raped, incest, or if either the mothers life or babys is at risk if the mother is to go to full term. For all others that just get pregnant because of lack of BC or it failed there is always adoption.
    I don't think this new health care crap sould cover the abortions that have failed BC or lack of BC. If they don't want the baby that bad then they can pay for it out of their own pocket and not expect tax payers to do it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:53 PM on May. 16, 2010