Selling baby clothes- $$$

What would you charge in a sale for gently / never worn baby clothes? Shoes? Hats? Complete outfits? Onesies? Designer brands - Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein and Kenneth Cole are some things I have too.

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 3:25 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it depends on where you live and what kind of sale. It it's consignment or at a store, you could charge more, but if it's set up in your garage or yard, not so much. Where I live, in South Central Ky, at a yard sale, I always charged $1-$2 for whole outfits, .50 for plain onsies, and $1 for shoes and hats. I've noticed that at the yard sales I've always had, both the name brand and the not so name brand go for about the same.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:37 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Search completed auctions on ebay

Answer by rkoloms at 3:49 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Idk, but put them on ebay and I might buy! LOL.

Anything used should not be over 50% of the original price. I think it is sad when I go to craigslist and people are selling used clothing, that has been washed hundreds of times, and faded, and frazzled for almost retail because they "bought it for this much." There is a girl still trying to sell a Coach baby bag on our Craigslist...she keeps reposting. no one is stupid enough to purchase a bag with stains on it for the amount she is asking for. We don't care how much you paid for it, when you got it, it was BRAND NEW!

Be reasonable :-)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:56 PM on May. 16, 2010

• But the consignment shop here sells onesies for 50 cents to a dollar. Complete outfits are average $5 (and most are namebrand).
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:58 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Look on EBAY. you can see about how much each go for.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 9:19 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I look at the item and decide how much I would be willing to pay for the outfit at a yard sale. If I was willing to pay a set price for the clothing, then I would sell it for that amount or less. I am cheap anyway. I wouldn't go by what a consignment shop would charge because some shops are expensive. I went to a yard sale where they were selling newborn clothes for $10. The clothes were cute, but I could buy brand new from a store at the price.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:24 PM on May. 16, 2010