he says were only friends

but we spend almost everynight together we dont have sex but we do cuddle an he spends the night. he takes me out to dinner onces in a while hes super nice to me an is a best friend but it seems like its more every time i ask him why were not more he comes up with a diffrent excuse im not sure what to do i love being around him but he dosent want to date me even tho its like were dateing an he tells me i could never love him an that he only likes me a bit an he wants a girl that can figure him out.... but hes completely closed an hard to read what do u think i should do an should i keep trying this has gone on for the last 2 months almost

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Hmmm...is he gay? Maybe he's using you as a cover-up?

Maybe he just wants friends with benefits. He may be afraid of commitment. Maybe he was hurt in the past and is afraid to give his heart out again...I dunno. GL!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 3:40 PM on May. 16, 2010

• its a hard one theres so many things it could bee
    Anonymous

• Move on.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:50 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I agree with rkoloms you need to move on, he needs a therapist not a girlfriend.
    Anonymous

• thank you :} im going to try im just not sure how to .. cuz i love him as a friend an i would be more but if he dosent want that than i will just be friends i need the will power to do this
    Anonymous

• I'd accept it as he's offered it or move on. He sounds like an ok guy but don't expect it to be more if he doesn't want more.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:09 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Sounds to me like he was a co-sleeper that never got out of someone else's bed. Now that he's not living at home with mom, or with a sibling, etc, he's found a new security blanket.

I wouldn't be anywhere near a guy so leechy, even if he was super nice. Tell him if there's nothing more, then he needs to stop sleeping with you.

Move on, you don't need a basket-case. You don't need to "cure" anyone of anything. Pick a normal one.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:45 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Accept that he doesn't want to be with you and move on. It's possible he just misses the closeness of a relationship which is why he does the things he does with you while keeping you at a distance so you don't get the wrong idea. Explain to him that if the two of you are only friends than you'll do things that only friends do - which means he doesn't spend the night cuddling with you.
    Anonymous

• Girl he just want a friend with full time benefits......SEX ONLY!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:39 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Think he may be married - any other signs point to it?
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:20 PM on May. 17, 2010