I'm about to go off on my dad and grandmother (more of a rant)

ok, my sorry excuse for a dad still lives w/ his mother. It's no secret that they can't stand my dh but they can at least be civil. My dad got my girls this weekend and my dh's friends had a guy get together w/ their children so he wanted to pick up our daughters. I called both my dad and my grandmother and told them he was coming, they didn't seem to have a problem over the phone. So dh gets there and she won't let him take the girls! Lies and says I never told her he was coming. I'm not stupid I know to call first. My oldest runs to him but my g-mom is holding my youngest but won't let him take her. These are his kids! She threatens to call the cops on him and he has me on the phone all while i can hear her in the background screaming at him. My oldest is crying so he takes her. I called my dad and he starts screaming at me saying why did you let him come to my house! I told them already! (cont'd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm ready to just cut them out of my life. This isn't the first time we've bumped heads over my husband or even before me and dh met. That was totally not her place to say he couldn't take them. Those are his children for gods sake! I'm super pissed right now! Now he has to pass up the party, come back and get me so I can pick up my LO b/c she won't let him get her. So pissed right now....
    Anonymous

• I would have told them to go ahead and call the police. Grandma would go to jail for kidnapping if she didn't let the child go to dad

Answer by admckenzie at 4:17 PM on May. 16, 2010

• That's what I told him! but he didn't know what would happen.

-op
    Anonymous

• I would cut them off they have issues.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:55 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I'd curse em the fuck out when I got there! It is against the law to prevent a custodial parent from picking up their kids no matter what you think of them. I'd inform them that if this is how they are going to behave then you want nothing more to do w/ them until they grow up & start acting like adults & not petulent 4 yr olds! I'd tell em that my kids weren't spending any time w/ them anymore bc of this. They're lucky it wasn't my hubby picking up the kids, he would've gotten his kids NO MATTER WHAT & fuck them for interfering. What assholes!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:01 PM on May. 16, 2010

• The grandfather of your children and great grandmother of your children would NOT let the children's own father, your husband, come and pick them up. CALL THE COPS. THAT IS KIDNAPPING!
    CUT THE OFF FROM ALL CONTACT!! If that is how they are going to act, do not expose your children to it.
    They don't need the drama, you don't need the drama.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:02 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Is there more to this story? Why don't they like your husband? You can one of two things. You can be the one that does all pick up , knowing they hate your husband. You can tell them that if they can't take your husband long enough to pick up the kids that they will not be able to go and visit. That would be a shame . Let them make the call. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 6:12 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I'd have lost it. I would have called the cops myself, explained to them that you called ahead and that your grandmother and dad knew your husband was coming to pick up the kids and that they refused to hand the kids over to their father. They had no right to keep the kids from their dad. I think it's time to cut them out of your life, I'd never forgive any action that would cause so much stress and fear in my children.
    Anonymous

• @grannywilson:
    they didn't like him before they even met him and me and my dad's side of the family aren't close at all but they still expected for my husband to ask permission to marry me. I invited them to the wedding but they didn't come. He asked my mother who raised me BY HERSELF.

I got my girls and I told them that they have to get off their high horse and grow up or I'm not letting my girls go over their house again and I mean it.
    Anonymous