Severe Mood Swings??

I know it's normal to be moody during pregnancy....but this is getting out of control. I get so worked up & moody that I'm getting really bad headaches from it. Has anyone else experienced this? This is my 3rd child and I've never experienced such mood swings in my life. I'm considering bringing it up to my OB at my next visit but I feel like she never takes my concerns seriously...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes bring it up to your ob, if she's not listening to you then change drs.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 4:57 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Mood swings are normal but I would still talk to my Dr about it just to be sure. Also.........It's never too late to change Drs. I changed Drs at 35 weeks pregnant. I am now 38 and my new Dr is just a breath of fresh air. She listens and explains everything to me. My old Dr never really listened and was always so rushed,
    Alizzie_Mom

Answer by Alizzie_Mom at 5:23 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I do plan to switch Obs ASAP. Just waiting for some insurance stuff to finish up so that I can get in with a better doctor. Hopefully by next month I'll be with a new doctor. I'm only 16wks now so I know I have some time to switch. My current OB is always so rushed. I was in the ER a few wks ago for bleeding, they found 2 subchorionic bleeds. My OB brushed it off and isn't even interested in monitoring them to make sure they aren't getting bigger. If she doesn't take that seriously enough to monitor...I doubt she'll take my mood swings seriously, ya know?
    Anonymous

• I agree that you should talk with your doctor; and if you feel you are not being heard - find a different, more compassionate doctor. If the mood swings are interfering with your normal life - its best to find out as soon as possible. Good luck!
    Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 9:45 PM on May. 16, 2010

• OMGosh! If she didn't care about your ER visit and what they found, omg! I would be on the insurance case to make an emergency exception!! They might even back date you but you need a new doctor NOW sweetie! Remember - BOTH you and your baby depend on it so please find out if you can switch NOW! GL honey!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:00 PM on May. 16, 2010