If BM kidnapped ss, would you ever tell him when he was older?

kidnapped as in she wrote a fake letter to the courts saying she paid us $5,000 saying it was okay for her to move, (which was clearly not the case). Didn't see or hear from him for 3 months. Finally she was forced to move back we got custody. Before all that you name she did it to us.

So. Do you think kids have the right to know when they're older about things that happened when they were younger?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• and what if they asked?
    Anonymous

• no. unless it comes up.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 4:30 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I would if there is a police record. In my state we can get circuit court records online. So I would want to be able to explain anything to my daughter that she might find out on her own anyway. I wouldn't want her to think I was keeping things from her. But I would tell at an appropriate age.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:42 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Well.. I don't know I think it depends on the age. This happened to my little cousin when she was about 5 years old. Her mother lost custody of her, went crazy, and took her to a different state. There were people searching for weeks for her before we got a tip from a family member. Now she is 16 years old and she still believes that she lived in Colorado with her mother when she was a little girl, and that her dad MADE her come back home with him. It's very sad, and i'd like to tell her the truth but it isn't my place to do so.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:47 PM on May. 16, 2010

• It depends on his age & why you want to tell ss. Does he still have a relationship w/ his bm? Will telling him ruin his feelings for her? As parents sometimes its our responsibility to protect kids from info that will only hurt them. What outcome are you hoping for? How would you feel if it was you? Would you wanna know?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 4:56 PM on May. 16, 2010

• THIS is in "Just for fun" ????
    Truth. The truth always comes out so you might as well start telling the truth now. Kids don't like to be lied to or "protected" from the truth.
    Anonymous

• Why wouldn't you? Obviously his mom wanted him and cared about him. Moms have done much worse to their kids.
    Anonymous

• Tell them the truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on May. 17, 2010