does your kid strip thier crib?

My daughter is almost 2 and is still in her crib. For the last 2 weeks she has been stripping the bed. First it was just her blankets & stuffed toys thrown across the room. Now it is that, her sheet and the top mattress. (It is a foam mattress. There are two of them each about two inches thick. ) This was happening only during her nap, but last night I found her under the mattress (She had bunched it up like a pillow) and it is scaring me. She still has padding along the edges of the crib, but that too is moved a lot by her.
Do all kids do this? How do I keep her from doing this? We've started potty training and if she wets everything this will be a big problem...

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 4:34 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son will be 2 next month and has been doing this for about a month now. Id recommend getting a normal crib matress, it would scare me too having her between the 2. Other than that, its a phase they hopefully will outgrow soon. I remake my sons crib every night, sheet, bumper, blanket, animals...and then wont touch it until the next night. That means for a nap, he's got matress and blanket (which is on the floor after nap time). As long as he's safe, I dont much care how he sleeps :)
    Tarinia

Answer by Tarinia at 4:58 PM on May. 16, 2010