What can I do without a dr and very little money?

I've been sick for a week now. Ear ache, extremely tired, cough, nausea, headaches. Is there any cheap remedy that could help? I'm so tired it's hard to stay awake for my 2 year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Health

• Could "just" be the flu...give it another couple of days, but I would say, if you don't feel better by monday, you really should see a dr.
    Untill then, get as much rest as possible - no worries about how the house looks, or if dinner is only a sandwich or something else super quick. I know rest id hard to get w/ a 2yr. old, but just get as much as you can.
    Eat if your hungry, but if you have no appetite, don't force it, just keep hydrated.

My mom always sweared by camomile tea (w/ honey in it for the throat), but the tea on it's own is very calming for the body.
    And when I get an ear acke I roll up a small wad of cotton (cotton balls) and gently put it in the ear, to keep draft from making it worse.
    Take some ibuprofine or pain killer of your choice to feel a bit like a human again.
    Coke a Cola is supposed to be good for a sick stomac.

Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon, mama.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 5:22 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you

Answer by rkoloms at 5:28 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I agree, many communities have free health clinics. Call the Health Dept and ask where they are. You may have a sinus infection. It can go to the ear.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:00 PM on May. 16, 2010