How did you spend the last week of your pregnancy?

I'm due in 6 days and it feels so strange to be "waiting to go into labor." With my first son I went into labor 4 days prior to my due date and it was very uneventful, so much so that I really did not know that I was in labor until about 12 hours later when when the contractions were painful. What did you do the last weeks of your pregnancy so that you did not go crazy waiting?

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 5:05 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i was in school. so it was pretty busy. i took walks and read up on newborn care and cleaned the house from top to bottom.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:09 PM on May. 16, 2010

• In the hospital not eating! (they wouldn't let me). I was having contractions and they wanted to keep an eye out. (I was oly 35 weeks pregnant so they were trying to keep me pregnant as long as possible)..in the meantime I'm away from my family, kids...I was STARVING. It sucked. Was so glad when they delivered me lol.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:14 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I was working full time and about to graduate college so I had a lot to keep my mind off of it. I walked across stage with a big prego belly :)
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 5:29 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I was working full time. I planned to work until my due date (a Saturday); I went into labor, and delivered the next day.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:30 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I was at home getting things ready. I was pregnant for 41wks and 1 days. Once I hit 40 weeks I knew I had to make sure everything was ready because it could happen anyday. I grocery shopped, made sure I had things I'd need for the next few weeks, re-folded DDs clothes, rearranged her room a few times, made sure everything was perfect. I was pretty obsessive at that point but it made time go faster.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 5:40 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I guess I was "nesting". I folded and washed all his clothes, packed up like two rooms in my house by myself (we were moving) and went to work at a resturant during that last week, including Halloween which for some reason was our busiest day. Hmmm, maybe all that moving was the reason he came 10 days early lol
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 6:19 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I am just WAITING to go into labor myself here. It's really frustrating.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:17 PM on May. 16, 2010