i feel like all my relationships are bad

my dad: we live together, but rarely talk... same with my brother.

i dont talk with my sister (24), nor my mom or little sister (she's only 4 tho)..

by them, i mean really talk- they dont know me and i dont know much of them.

i have no friends, so no relationship problems, persay, but there's just no relationship! lol

BF: not really communication problems, but since its summer, he's working more, i'm busy, so its like we dont have time for each other right now.

DS: he's 4. turning into his own little person, and its like i cant relate to him either.

any advice, suggestions, something? For DS (my biggest concern- i dont want us, to turn into me and my parents), we already do things together- color, parks, play, etc. but i still feel like something is missing from our relationship, if that makes sense.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• It's your responsibility to nuture relationships if you want them to be better. You don't have control over what others do.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:38 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I strongly recommend finding a therapist to help you break the cycle of silence. Good luck....

Answer by rkoloms at 5:44 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I know what you mean, it's tough to get a relationship going w/ even your family....if you want a REAL relationship, that is :)
    It's work, and since you're the one noticing it's lacking, you get the job of doing something about it :-D
    As for the grown-ups, you can just start showing an intrest in what their intrest's are be a good listener, that's the "easiest" way to get to know someone. And then after a while, you can bring the issue up about you feel you don't really know them or them you.
    As for your child, again, your responsibilyty. As him questions about what he likes, ask him to tell you about his day - even though you were there the whole time :)
    I ask mine what their favorite part of the day was, or least favorite. What toy, tv-show, food he likes. Anything - just get him talking and be interested in HIS stuff.

The great thing is that you realised it, most people never do, or could care less if they did.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 5:47 PM on May. 16, 2010