Find out or not...HELP

My hubby and I have been going back and forth between whether we are going to find out the gender of our baby... there are pros and cons to both..What is your advice?

kayteebug93

Asked by kayteebug93 at 5:25 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it certainly make buying baby items easier when you find out
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:28 PM on May. 16, 2010

• My advice is to do exactly what you two decide to do!

I didn't find out, but I had a "feeling" and I was right.
    My cousin is currently pregnant, didn't find out with her first, didn't want to with this one (second), but unfortunately, that little penis was just sticking right up in the ultrasound as she watched. It was just too obvious.

So, again, to answer your question, the advice is to do what you two want!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:30 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I wanted to know so I could paint the nursery & pick a gender specific theme.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:30 PM on May. 16, 2010

• We also found out - no reason, though....we were just nosy :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 5:33 PM on May. 16, 2010

• We found out with both...I like being able to prepare for the name and the room and cloths. Its also exciting to think about your baby girl or boy in there. It sort of lets you start mentally bonding with them b/c you know.

i cant imagine not knowing. lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:37 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I found out with both because I couldn't handle the suspense. It would be a great surprise though if I were more patient.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 5:38 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Im definitely all for knowing-- but my husband says "there's just too few real surprises in life..' I'm a planner. it's going to kill me not have have the room painted accordingly-- and have gender specific items... but i do understand how its going to be a nice surprise..
    kayteebug93

Answer by kayteebug93 at 6:15 PM on May. 16, 2010

• It will be a nice surprise, but I guess you just have to buy everything in neutral color.
    I like to prepare things ahead of time, so I will def find out if boy or girl, also it's easier for friends and family to pick out stuff. I can decorate the room ahead of time, because most likely I will not have the time after the baby is born
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 6:35 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I found out with #1 and #4, 2 and 3 were surprises!! I think not knowing was fun too, although I only picked out girls names and was positive they were both girls!! Knowing for sure was fun too, because I was prepared more :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:44 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Bug, I definately understand the suspence of waiting it out. But theres also suspence in waiting till you hit 20 weeks too. Youll be sooo excited when you find out the gender of the baby- youll get to prep the room, have SUPER cute outfits waiting for baby & when he/she is born you are going to be thrilled. I see it as two BIG EXCITEMENTS in one! :)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 9:09 PM on May. 16, 2010