Ovulation test

so me and my hubby are trying to have another baby and i went and got ovulation tests. it says to wait 10 days from your first normal cycle. I'm not so normal, my period only last 1 to 2 days at the most. i just removed my mirena and it took about 4 days to start. so how long should i wait to start using the test? has any one ever used one of these before? dose it work or did i just wast 20 dollar.

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 5:34 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had mirena taken out July of last year and I also have really irregular periods so after trying for about 8-9 months with no success and only having about 3-4 periods since July I decided to buy a 20 count pack of opks. Since my periods were all out of whack I just started using the opks April 1 and took one each day around the same time in the morning. Well around day 19 and 20 I noticed the result lines were getting darker. Well they must have worked and helped cause April 30 I found out were pregnant. So it took us about 9 months to finally conceive. Also I hadn't had a period since Feb so keep your chin up and good luck. Baby dust! Oh FYI I later found out from a fertiliy nurse that your supposed to use the second urine of the day for the opks.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 5:55 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I would not wait the 10 days if you have abnormal periods because it's possible you could miss it. I also have them and I started testing 2 days after my period ended just to make sure I caught the positive on time. Sure enough I got it 8 days after my period
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 7:13 PM on May. 16, 2010

• i have those ovulation test i havent tried it yet im waiting until its been 10 days of my cycle right now its day 5 =/
    eleinaa

Answer by eleinaa at 2:59 AM on May. 17, 2010

• They say 10 days because the average woman won't ovulate till then... I usually ovulate around day 9-10 though, so I could miss it if I waited until then. In your place, I would track your basal body temperature, because that's free. And then once you can establish a pattern (after a cycle or two), the OPK will be more effective. you can use those testers any day you like, they just tell you to wait 10 days because it's likely that your ovulation will fall in the days following day 10. Good luck.
    Anonymous