What does your kids step-dad do?

Do you expect him to help with the kids like their bio-dad should/would/does? (put them to bed, PTA meetings, family diners etcetera)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on May. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, yes, If I love him/ and he loves me...then "my" kids should be included. I am a package deal. Buy one, get two free....lol

Their stepdad should want to participate too, so they can bond with him and have a father figure (if they dont have biodad)
    Anonymous

• I don't expect him to, but he does. He's a truck driver, so he isn't here to do a whole lot, but when he is home, he does help. Of his own free will, not b/c I expect him to. I always hoped I'd find someone who'd want to help me, but I never expect anything more than for him to love us.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:51 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Yes. My older kids dad is still around, but my stepdad is a much better father figure and the kind of man I hope my boys will grow up to be. He attends all of their afterschool functions, important dr appointments (he has taken them without me when I was sick), basketball games, etc. We have 2 kids together and I don't ever want any of my kids to see that there is a difference in treatment between his bio kids and my bio kids. Some of it he does because he loves me and wants to lighten my load, some of it he does because he loves them and wants to show them how much. But yes - he's extremely involved and I wouldn't have it any other way. We talked it over before we married and he knew how I felt - one of the reasons I fell in love with him was how involved he was with my kids.

Answer by missanc at 8:26 PM on May. 16, 2010