Are blood clots in the placenta dangerous?

I have several that we saw in the ultrasound. They look like bubbles. The specialist I see says that they look ok, nothing "serious" but that they did grow from one ultrasound to the next (2 weeks apart). It freaks me out. "nothing serious" he says.. but he doesnt say.. nothing at all to worry about...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Blood clots in the placenta is a complication of pregnancy, kind of like everything else. The good thing is that the docs know that you have that, they know where and they know the size of the clots. They know how to monitor you and the baby. They will be watching the baby's growth and the blood flow in the umbilical cord.
    Is it dangerous? Well, yeah a little, kind of like high blood pressure or diabetes in pregnancy. Can they monitor you? Absolutely! Are there treatments? It's been 20 years since I worked in OB, but I'm guessing yes. Ask the doctor. Will they deliver early? Only if coming out is better for the baby than staying in.
    (((((((HUGS)))))) to you. PM if you want. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:36 PM on May. 16, 2010

• i have a blot clot on my uterus i know hoe you feel im totally scared but my dr says its fine..... im due in 9 week so ive had a good pregnacy but still so scared huggs to u
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 7:13 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Im due in 7 weeks. So another question I have about the clots is: Can they cause pain? Because I've been wondering if that's what causing the sharp pains in my sides. And the doctor that found these never said anything about delivering early, just said "nothing serious, but they have grown"
    Anonymous

• Oh and why is it is dangerous? What can happen?
    Anonymous