Have you ever taught/said something to your child only to have it back fire back at you?

I've been trying to teach my DD (2yr old) to hare with her brother (10 months) Well she isn't doing very well at it. When I went to the store I bought 2 shovels adn pails so they can each have one and not fight over it. Anyways today she took it from her brother and I said she needs to give it back and told he that was brothers. She says to me "No, Share" and walks away with it.
I sat there dumb founded. What am i suppose to say to that? Yes they need to share and I cant say No you that's he's or you can only sahre certain things. LOL here I thought she never listens to me but she does take what I say and only uses it when its convenent with her.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 5:41 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol smart kid! sometimes when im at the park my likes to not follow me so i say "ok bye aden see you later" and walk away waving (always just a few feet away and backwards so i can still look at him) The first few times he got scared and ran after me, now though when I say it he just waves back and wont budge lol
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 6:12 PM on May. 16, 2010

• lol smart kid!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:47 PM on May. 16, 2010

• that same thing happened to me the other day. I gave my ds a snack when he woke up for his nap. my dd already had hers but took same of his and got upset. I told her its not nice to take her brothers stuff and she told me that it was, because i told her that she should always share and if she has to share then so does her brother. I was stunned and i didn't have a come back so all i said was oh ok
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:55 PM on May. 16, 2010

• you should have just said, "Yes, but you have your own, there's no reason to take your brother's."
    Anonymous