what does the mucus plug look like?

i know it can look a little different for some people and its not always the same. but i just want to know if what i have coming out is the plug. this is my 3rd pregnancy but i didnt lose my plug that i know of with my 1st two.

allykins165

Asked by allykins165 at 6:58 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• usually i think it looks like snot. mine did and it was clear. and sometimes it wil have a little blood in it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:19 PM on May. 16, 2010

• clear snot clot, i saw mine the next day the bloddy show ( which looks like the mucus plug with a little blood) the next day baby came
    Anonymous

• Yeah it normally looks like snot, it may be tinged with brown, pink, or red blood. Also it can either come out in a lump or as increased vaginal discharge over the course of several days or even a bit of both.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 8:01 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I lost mine a few times and it would take about a week to lose it. It was like snot like everyone else said.
    The last time I lost it, it was a big glob of thick mucus with red blood. Sorry for the TMI.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:57 PM on May. 16, 2010