how do i get my 4 month old son who is teething to sleep a little more at night?

he wakes up screaming and i give him baby orajel and he still screams ive tried everything im so drained at this point.. running on empty...

AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2

Asked by AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2 at 7:00 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are Teething Tablets. You can get them at walmart or target. They are tiny and melt in their mouth. It helps them relax. It doesn't take the pain away though. Also I know that this is an odd suggestion but I got this from a doctor. There is some numbing gel called Anal Eaze that you can find online on Amazon or at adult stores. It numbs the gums for longer. Or you can even take a little (VERY LITTLE) alcohol on his gums. I know I am going to get a lot of crap for both of these but I honestly don't care because they work. Also during the day those little green onions work well too. They stink but they work. :)
    Anonymous

• I used the teething tablets for both of mine, w/ big succes, and it seemed to me as though they took the pain away...
    Also I have heared the alcohol method, I heared they used to rub a bit of Brandy onto the gums.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:31 PM on May. 16, 2010

• how do u know that he's teething.....my son is pretty much the same so i thought he may be teething but every1 tells me that he isn't
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 9:18 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Oragel is crap. It numbs everything but where the pain is. Are you sure it is teeyhing? Is he breastfed?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:31 PM on May. 16, 2010

• You feed him. It's normal for human babies to breastfeed, wake at night and sleep with their mothers until they are 3 or older. Humans have done this for all time and still do in most of the world. Having a baby changes everything. You learn to cope. You don't drug your baby with Oragel.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:39 PM on May. 16, 2010

• for my teething son i gave him oalgel and tylenol for pain cuz thats what the doc told me to do, he was cuttng 3 teeth at once. and my daughter is starting to teethbut i ha vent done anything about it yet cuz it doesnt seem to bother her
    Kable0120

Answer by Kable0120 at 3:19 AM on May. 17, 2010

• My kiddo cut 8 teeth in two months... ouch! I gave him infant tylenol at night sometimes and they also make a night time orajel. Many moms swear by the teething tablets.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 1:23 PM on May. 17, 2010

• i know he is teething not only because i am his mother but because he has 2 bottom teeth sticking out and he wants to chew on everything.. will try teething tablets thanks guys.
    AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2

Answer by AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2 at 5:55 PM on May. 17, 2010

• anal ease?!?!?!?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:32 PM on May. 17, 2010