Is your son circumsized or not?

why did you circumsize your son or why didnt you? if not what is it like to clean and upkeep?

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 7:09 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had my son circomsized at 6 weeks old. i did it beacuse i think its cleaner than un cut and i do not regret it at all
    kordsmom

Answer by kordsmom at 7:14 PM on May. 16, 2010

• My son is not cut. He is 5 1/2.

He had 1 UTI at 20 mos old but it was in the middle of potty training and he'd been holding his urine alot.... not foreskin related.

We took him to be circ'd around 3mos old or so but after they stripped him naked and velcro'd him down, I snatched him up and ran for it, leaving the diaper bag behind.

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:14 PM on May. 16, 2010

• yes both my sons are . bc i wanted them too be like there father and i wasnt going have one son circumsized and not the other so therefore had to have both done either way its not an issue for me just what me and hubby decided for our kids i believe when one isnt circumsized you have pull skin back too clean it
    Anonymous

• Oh, I forgot the cleaning portion of it.

My son is not cut. It's been 5 1/2 years and has required no special cleaning or care

If we DID have him circumcised we would've had weeks or months of wound care. Gauze sticking to the open sore of his penis, applying vaseline, etc.

Cut = requires care and cleaning
    Not cut = no care or cleaning

If we wants to be snipped when he is older, we'll find him the best urologist, have him sedated properly, and have it done.

Surgery should never be done with nothing or just a little infants tylenol. It's removal of a hunk of flesh and should be treated as such.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:17 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I've never understood the like their father myth. How often do little boys frolic around naked with adults comparing moles, freckles, foreskins, etc?

Also pulling the skin back to clean it is hugely misunderstood. My son will be 6 in the fall and is not retracted (pulled skin back) yet. He washes it in the bath just like every other child does. When he's older and it does retract, he'll take a daily shower and clean all his body parts, just like every other little boy.

It's almost a 50/50 mix of USA babies being circumcised these days. I think if more people did some research on these myths and rumors, it would be an even broader gap.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:20 PM on May. 16, 2010

• if you get your son circumcised the after care is about 2 weeks the first hours you have to wait till the bandage falls off then yes vasoline for about two weeks. it will be painfull for a few days the head of the penis will be raw looking for a few days after that it will go away just remember tylonal and vasoline are your best friends. it may seam like you just took your son to the tourture chamber but not so. i hope this helps
    kordsmom

Answer by kordsmom at 7:23 PM on May. 16, 2010

• my sons 6 months
    had him circumcised his second day of life
    he didnt mind, they numb it pretty good
    he actually slept thru it all

upkeep
    keeping the incision clean and vaseline on the diaper near where penis is to keep pee or poo from settling near it
    thats really it
    a couple weeks of that

I chose to because well, all in my family are, as a female i think its favorable, etc
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:28 PM on May. 16, 2010

• If we DID have him circumcised we would've had weeks or months of wound care. Gauze sticking to the open sore of his penis, applying vaseline, etc.

haha thats dramatic
    2weeks at the most of care and most dr.;s dont even use gause just vaseline, and it numbed
    my son healed in 10 days, its thin skin so it heals fast
    Anonymous

• My son is circumcised. WE had it done in the hospital at 2 day old. He did not cry or even whimper. His was done by the plastic ring technique. The area was numbed before hand. There was no special care other than to keep the area clean. We chose to circ for 2 reasons. One it is how our family tends to be all the males on both sides are done with no ill regret or problems. Secondly we chose to have it done because of biblical reasons. In the end we did what we felt was right by our family and our faith. We had also researched the methods of circ and made sure the ring method was going to be used on our son.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:30 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Noun, 1. torture chamber - a room in which torture is inflicted

Torture | Define Torture at Dictionary.com
    /ˈtɔr tʃər/ Show Spelled [tawr-cher] Show IPA noun, verb,-tured, -tur·ing. –noun. 1. the act of inflicting excruciating pain, as punishment or revenge, ...

well basically, u ARE taking your son to a torture chamber! A room where pain will be inflicted....
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:33 PM on May. 16, 2010