im watching paralyzed and pregnant!! what the hell?

how does this happen can she even feel sex?????? why would she have a baby when she cant take care of it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have seen that before. Knowing how hard motherhood I can't imagine attempting it paralyzed.Her husband will do the work.
    Anonymous

• Well I know why, because she has every right to be a mother just as any of us do. But i'm sure that she came to the decision with her husband and other family members and they are well prepared to help her with it.
    Anonymous

• Right, many people with major disabilities have children and manage just like the rest of us........often we see them more disabled than they see themselves.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:27 PM on May. 16, 2010

• princess: i think what u said is really smart...it really got to me :)
    we do tend to see disabled ppl more disables then they see themselves.....its their motivation and strong family support that allows them to be everday human beings and have the opportunity to do things and have things that some ppl definately take for granted.....she obviously has a husband and family that wil help her....every woman has a right to be a mother.....i'm so happy for her to be able to have this opportunity.....sure she won't be able to run around after the child but she can definately be a mother, feed her baby, change diapers..give and recieve hugs and most importantly love her child
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 7:57 PM on May. 16, 2010

• WHAT IN THE FU#$ING HELL!? They really do have a show for everything..... But really, why would you have sex if you can't feel it? I'm very confused by this....
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 8:24 PM on May. 16, 2010

• maybe she wanted to be a mother, just a thought.
    Anonymous

• If this is the same show that I saw... no she can't change diapers or feed the child or hold the child. I am all for parents with disabilities having children, but I thought she did seem a bit selfish to just want one to want one. I felt bad for her husband.
    Anonymous

• disabled people are allowed to be parents too
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:44 PM on May. 16, 2010

• What is worse is that according to this blog, she and her husband separated!!
    JessnJesse3

Answer by JessnJesse3 at 11:12 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Oops sry here's the blog http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/changetheworld/2010/05/local-mom-featured-in-paralyzed-and-pregnant-4-years-later.html that's describes her life after her sons birth and separated with her husband
    JessnJesse3

Answer by JessnJesse3 at 11:14 PM on May. 16, 2010