feeling miserable already, do you think this is normal?

this is my second pregnancy my 1st was wonderful. no problems, no pain,no sickness even labor wasnt so bad. but now im 51/2 mos and im miserable. ive been very sick the whole pregnancy, now i cant hardly walk without pain(sciatic nerve they said) im very uncomfortable already. i cant sleep from being uncomfortable. and i have no energy and no sex drive. not to mention mood swings. is this normal, and i just got lucky the first time, or is something wrong? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes it it normal (if there is such a thing in pregnancy.) I'm due in 6 days with our second and was in your exact same shoes. My first was so easy, well at least the pregnancy part. No pain, never sick, nothing really to complain about. Now my second, girl I've felt 9 months pregnant since about 6 months on. My OB said it is very normal and most women have more discomfort with their second....third..and so on. I have not been sick at all with this pregnancy, but I've been very whiny all along because my everything hurts! Everything happened much faster, I showed much earlier and so on.
    I still enjoy being pregnant, but now I'm glad that it's only for a short period of time that I have left to enjoy it.!

I went for a massage as often as I could and spent many evenings on my heating pad, maybe that will help you!
    Best of luck!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 8:35 PM on May. 16, 2010

• i think the doc wouldve told you by now if something wasnt quite right. morning sickness and pain? plus out of control hormones? i dont think anyone can blame you for being miserable. you'll get through this.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 8:18 PM on May. 16, 2010

• You are not abnormal by any means! I have went through the same exact thing with this pregnancy #2, first time was wonderful nothing negatives, I actually understood "the beauty" of pregnancy. This time around I have had every problem you listed and am MISERABLE. I'm 39 weeks and want to cry, I'm not promising that it will get any better just remember that it is all worth it in the end! As for your sciatic nerve, best thing I've got is getting on the ground *providing you have someone to help you back up and rock back and forth while on your knees, it helped move my son off my nerve a bit. Good luck! Just remember it's all worth it in the end!
    kenzsmama

Answer by kenzsmama at 8:20 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Sounds like my third pregnancy... and while it feels like it is going to last forever, it really will end. Just take it slow, give yourself a lot of time and do what you can to stay rested. Take extra good care of yourself... when feeling badly, it is easy to give in and make poor eating choices and ignore your needs.

Make yourself be dressed, make yourself eat and make yourself exercise- even if it a only a little... but it'll help keep you out of a bad funk later on and it'll help you get through this. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:04 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I know how you feel! Although this is my first pregnancy WITHOUT morning sickness, I never let the MS get the best of me. But I also feel miserable already (i'll be 20 weeks tomorrow). My back is killing me, and it feels like i'm carrying this little girl in my va jay jay. But, it does end. You're over half-way there, and soon enough, all this discomfort will be a fleeting memory. You'll have a beautiful baby in your arms, and remember why you went through all this.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 9:15 PM on May. 16, 2010