what is the cut off age for mother and son to stop bathing together?

my boys are 2.5 and tend to shower with me. when should i start locking the door?
do u shower with your young ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on May. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• The cut off age for me was when looked and pointed between my legs and called it a scary monster!! lol. That was age 3 for me.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:59 PM on May. 16, 2010

• this is a repaeat question..when your ready to stop my kids were no older than 2 in my house.
    Anonymous

• Personally I think it's not appropriate to shower with them after they turn one.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:39 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I dont know but I shower then when Im clean fill the tub half way and bathe with my son. he's 6 months. I figure I will do this until he can stand on his own and can then shower with his daddy....bath with daddy would not be fun...lol haha they'd be squished, he's not fat, but he has bulky muscles so he cant even cross his legs
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:47 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I also just tried to look it up and there's no law I can find.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:50 PM on May. 16, 2010

• When you or your son no longer feel comfortable. There's nothing dirty about the naked body.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:55 PM on May. 16, 2010

• when your son starts to notice the difference between a girl and a boy, and also if they feel weird about it, I am sure you would be able to tell by the look on their face lol. But I really dont think its really ok to bath with them after say like three or four. thats pushing it jmo. But my daughters are seven twin girls, and last summer when we were in a rush to get to bed and all gross from the beach, I would have them hop in the shower with me, maybe I feel different because they are girls. But I dont think I will do this anymore now that they are getting older, unless they dont mind jumping in. However, there is def a cut off limit to that to lol. I dont think I will be showering with my teen daughters, ya no...weird.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 8:01 PM on May. 16, 2010

• when my kids were babies both my boys and girls, I would take baths with them when they could sit up. It was so much easier than breaking my back. their is nothing wrong with that, only perverts would think that. But like I said, yes there should def be a cut of to when you should be bathing with your children.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 8:02 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I bathe with my son unitl he was around 2.5 or three. I stopped when he started pointing and asking too many questions. Now hes 4 and will take a shower on his own but of course I still wash him up.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 8:16 PM on May. 16, 2010

• I stopped between 2 1/2 and 3 because he started noticing things and asking questions. I don't lock the door to keep him out but I try to shower when he's asleep or at least try to keep covered up if he wanders in the bathroom while I'm showering or getting dressed. But really, I don't think there is a set age, it all has to do with your comfort level.
    Anonymous