Need help flying with 15 month old

im flying to ca from pa in a few days. they assign seats when we get there...will they try to put us in the back or something? are layovers with children hard? shes generally a good baby..very nosey...im just so afraid people will get mad if she gets fussy during the flight? any tips or ideas and any info on how they choose seats and board will be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on May. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• depends on your airline
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:40 PM on May. 16, 2010

• To keep you baby happy bring something for her to do. If she likes sippy cups bring one (W/O liquid in it until you get through security) or suckers or gummy candies for take off and landing. Those were the only times that my daughter didn't like because her ears would have a hard time popping. The sippy cup, suckers, and chewy candy helped so much. The lay overs were never bad. We would walk around and look at the different things. Sometimes if she was good on the flight I would let her pick a treat or toy at one of the shops. Good luck! :)
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 7:45 PM on May. 16, 2010

• you'll be fine! fellow passengers sometimes make the best playmates and on layovers let them walk
    also camomile or homeopathic drops/tablets are great for both of you. have fun weathers great out here!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 7:46 PM on May. 16, 2010

• Google "Traveling with Children" or "Flying with Children" .. You'll find some great websites that can help you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:51 PM on May. 16, 2010

• This is not gonna help you in any way - but flying 4 hours w/a layover w/ my then 15 mos. old boy is possibly the WORST experience as a mom I have ever had (he's now almost 10)....I was in tears when we landed.

I planed everything : got him to bed on time the night before, so he wouldn't be cranky...brought his favorite toys....had snacks for him....nothing worked....from the minute we borded, he was uneasy.....and pretty soon fuzzy....we had a 2 hour layover....the longest 2 hours I've ever spe...by the time we borded the 2nd flight he was fullout crying and 10 min. later, so was I.....I was tired, embarrased, and just worn out.
    I was sure the trip was gonna be a breeze, cause he was such an easy-going baby, boy was I wrong!

Just wanted to let you know, even though you need to plan, and plan good, there is no amount of planning that could have helped me or my baby...other than maybe a stiff drink....for both ;-D

G L
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:14 PM on May. 16, 2010